Vegan Protein Granola Bars
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
Yields 12 thin bars
2 cups Quick Oats
1/2 cup VEGA protein powder vanilla or chocolate
2 Tbsp Flax
2 Tbsp PB2
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 cup Almond Butter or any nut butter
1/4 Agave Nectar
1/2 cup Rice Dream Rice Drink or unsweetened Almond Milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup raisons
1. Preheat oven to 350F and prepare an 8×8 (20x20cm) baking pan by spreading organic coconut oil. Set aside
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, protein powder, flax, cinnamon, raisons and salt. Set aside.
3. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine almond butter, honey, rice milk, and vanilla. Mix until fully combined. Pour wet mix into dry mix and stir until fully incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
4. Pour into prepared baking pan. Using a spatula or your hands, spread the mixture evenly in the pan, pressing down firmly.
5. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until edges begin to turn golden brown.
6. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 20 minutes before cutting into bars.
I recently ran into a friend, he works in construction and works really long hours. Construction schedules don’t always make regular meals easy: “I’m too hurried before a shift to make something to eat and I’m to tired to prep something the night before. My breaks are to short and I can’t find myself running across the street to eat McDonalds so I rather just drink coffee and eat when I’m off” these are things that I kept hearing from him. It made me really sad because I sure know I can not function without food. I told him how getting the proper fuel during the day can make such a great difference in performance and energy levels, and not to mention long-term health. I instantly started brain storming and I created a recipe just for him, it worked really great. I made him a big batch that he kept in his pantry that he could grab on the go, right before work. One of the worst things to ever do to our bodies is go long stretches of time without eating or drinking. Eating every few hours will keep your energy levels steady and prevent you from entering the danger zone of “hungry”, I can not emphasize this enough. These granola bars include tons of protein to keep you going and did I mention they are beyond yummy. Try them out 🙂